Friday, July 15, 2011

Quote of the Day: FRIDAY JAMES HARRISON BONUS

 "I'll start by offering my apologies for some of the words that I said during the four days in May that Men's Journal was invited to my house to discuss what the NFL has recently been portraying as their attempts at 'player safety' rules and regulations."

"I did make comments about my teammates when I was talking about the emotional Super Bowl loss, but the handful of words that were used and heavily publicized yesterday were pulled out of a long conversation and the context was lost.  Obviously, I would never say that it was all Ben's or Rashard's fault that we lost the Super Bowl. That would be ridiculous.

"We all have discussed several things that went wrong in the Super Bowl since that day. What I do apologize for and take full responsibility for is for speaking in such a candid manner to someone outside the team."
                                                            -James Harrison, ROLB Pittsburgh Steelers


All respect for James Harrison right down the tubes.  How do you back off statements like that?  Just embrace your absolute bat-shit lunacy and move on.  Would Carl Everett back off saying the dinosaurs never existed?  No.  Would Rashard Mendenhall back off tweeting that 9/11 was a government conspiracy?  No (and he didn't).  You set the bar high and then let us down, James.  Consider your statement of the year (so far) award revoked.

No comments:

Post a Comment