Monday, September 26, 2011

Quote of the Day

"Looking at the replays, I'm on the ground every time, and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't frustrated.  The refs have got to do their jobs...I'm on the ground constantly, all the time.  Every time I throw the ball, I'm on the ground. And I don't know why I don't get the 15-yard flags like everybody else does."
                                                                         -Mike Vick, Philadelphia Eagles QB

Mike Vick bitching about how he never gets 15 yard flags for late hits like everyone else.  Except wait, Kerry Collins was knocked out of last night's Indy-Pittsburgh game on a late hit that wasn't flagged.  I guess when you're as fragile as an origami swan and can't throw passes from the trainer's table, there's not much else to do except blame the refs.  This is the second time Vick has complained about not getting flags (once last season) so this is becoming a trend.  Hey Mike, here's a free tip: if you don't want to get hit, don't play quarterback/running back (he runs enough that I'm classifying him as both).  No one is picking on you because you run a lot/killed dogs/are black.  (That undertone exists here, right?  That only the white QB's are getting flags?  Someone has to have brought that up already- maybe Michael Irvin?  If not, was that racist?  Probably a little racist.  My B.  Shut it down.)

On the plus side, since Vick may miss 3-4 weeks with a broken hand, he won't have to worry about getting hit for the next month.  So he's got that going for him...which is nice.     

No comments:

Post a Comment