Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Quote of the Day

“I haven't had [a fumbled snap] in years.  It's unfortunate.  I dropped it.  This one is rough.  You blow it on a play that never should have happened...Worst day ever."
                                                               -Philip Rivers, San Diego Chargers quarterback
 
Mmmmmmmmm...your tears sustain me!  NOM NOM NOM.  For those of you who didn't see the game last night, the Bolts had the football at the KC 15 yard line with 50 seconds left, and the Chiefs were out of time outs.  Rivers took the snap, handed the ball off, then trotted off the field and watched Nick Novak boot a game-winning 32-yard field goal fumbled the snap under center, gave the ball back to KC and then lost the game in overtime after winning the coin toss and getting the ball first. 

Normally this is where I'd rip off a few lines about how many dicks Norv Turner sucks, how "classic Norv Turner-Chargers" this is and then end with some witty line about how predictable this ending was.  But you know what?  I have a confession to make: the Chargers actually made me forget who they were last night.  After their furious late 4th quarter comeback, I actually forgot that they were the Norv Turner Chargers.  It was embarrassing, I admit it.  Like that one time every time I finish before the girl Japanese body pillow does during sex.  But just like the sex, that feeling didn't last very long -- Rivers coughed up the snap, the Chargers collapsed, and I remembered exactly who we were dealing with.

So go about your day in peace, Lunatics.  All is right with the world again.          

No comments:

Post a Comment