Thursday, October 27, 2011

Quote of the Day

"We have a stable of young horses that can run and guys that can just move. Very young, very inexperienced but tons of potential and it's tough to give up a young guy with a lot of potential for a guy that's got a lot of history in the league that's in his late 30s so I can't see him coming here, but I had a good time playing with him and he's an explosive player himself."
                                                             -Carson Palmer, Oakland Raiders quarterback

BAHAHA!  Very nicely done, Carson.  It's obvious those years of public relations training have paid off, because this is one of the best understated rips of all time.  Lets translate this gem line by line, shall we?


"We have a stable of young horses that can run and guys that can just move."

Translation: We have a bunch of track stars that couldn't catch a cold if they were trying.

"Very young, very inexperienced but tons of potential"

Translation: They make stupid mistakes that make their quarterback want to kill them, but he can't because he's too slow to catch them.

"It's tough to give up a young guy with a lot of potential for a guy that's got a lot of history in the league that's in his late 30's" 

Translation: I like dudes.  But I prefer younger dudes that haven't gotten around as much to dudes that probably have herpes because they're the NFL's village bicycle.  (Side note: why Carson suddenly slipped into a diatribe about his personal life, I don't know.  But if you doubt in any way that this is what he was really talking about, I direct your attention to Exhibit A.)  (Editor's note: not that there's anything wrong with that.)

"so I can't see him coming here"

Translation: Please, Raiders executives, do not trade for this man.  If you do, it's definitive proof for me that there is no god.

"But I had a good time playing with him and he's an explosive player himself."

Translation: But I had a good time playing with him and he exploded all over my sheets.

I'm just not sure this was really what the reporters were looking for when they went down this line of questioning.  But hey, to each their own.  Far be it from me to criticize someone else for getting their freak on, even if it's with T.O.  I confine my criticism of Carson Palmer to his train-wreck decision making and noodle-arm.

No comments:

Post a Comment